History

The old Water Pumping Station has been included in the Protected Historic Buildings List of the Cyprus Department of Town Planning and Housing.

It was built in 1925 and was used to pump significant quantities of water from the Garyllis delta aquifer.

The water was then transferred through water pipes to the Limassol Water Tower from where it was distributed to the town of Limassol (Lemesos).

It was a pioneering water distribution system not only for Cyprus but also for the whole geographical region around Cyprus.